Cranberry Walnut Pound Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Pompeian Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously coat Bundt pan with olive oil.
- In small bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In large bowl, beat eggs with handheld mixer until light and slightly increased in volume. Add sugar slowly while continuing to beat. Mixture will become light and fluffy. Add olive oil and vanilla extract and beat another 2 minutes.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and sour cream to batter, beating between additions. Gently fold in chopped nuts and cranberries.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 60–65 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Then invert pan onto rack to remove and cool completely.